[15/06/2007] "Cassandra Light Edition"
The purpose of the Light Edition is to bring a version of Linux Mint which doesn't contain:
- proprietary software
- patented technologies
- support for restricted formats
In some countries where the legislation allows software patents to be
enforced the Light Edition provides a way for users to legally
download Linux Mint.
The following components are not present in this Light Edition:
- Macromedia Flash
- Support for encrypted DVDs
- Windows codecs
- Support for restricted multimedia formats
- Sun Java (replaced by GIJ)
This edition includes all other technologies from Cassandra and among them: mintInstall.
- The Linux Mint Software Portal will soon contain .mint files for Light Edition users to be able to add codecs and multimedia support in one simple click.